Thursday, April 7, 2011

Nero Niggle

I am a huge fan of Nero's track Innocence. It's one of those tracks I can listen to and it still gives me a happy buzz (the vocals are soft and the rest of the track is powerful and sort of sad, I dunno, it's just awesome).  The video for it is great too. It tells a story and I'm a sucker for an older style drawn anime (it's kind of like Ninja Scroll)


So I log onto YouTube this morning; and f*** yes, Nero has released an official music video for the track; Guilt. I wasn't a fan of the track. The vocals are too high (which makes it almost uncomfortable to listen to, much in the same way La Roux - Bullet Proof is) and the track doesn't really go anywhere. It's nothing like Innocence (which takes you up and down in a very good way - from soft to heavy - it's good dammit). Guilt isn't bad but it falls under meh, and I was hoping the video would be cool.  I was disappointed. It started off with some intrigue but it just ended up being a pole dancer doing her thing and at the end she makes a "scary face" (it is done tastefully I will admit, but I'm not male so it doesn't really keep me enthralled; I skipped through most of it). It just doesn't really go anywhere, much like the track. So Nero went from  a beautifully original and imaginative animated video that actually added something to a beautiful song, to a video which is meh. A meh video for a meh track. But that's just my opinion :)


In other news; I had a dream Charlie Sheen was taking over the world. He needed the ultimate weapon. Which was a giant ocean going turtle that carried nukes on it's back. Yeah I dunno either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think..?