Sunday, April 3, 2011

Art related post - Android Jones and Phutureprimitive

One of my favourite activities is trawling the Internet and finding new things. It  all started yesterday when I went searching for a new wallpaper for my netbook. There's one image in particular I had a long time ago as a wallpaper (I lost the original when I formatted my old desk top) that I have always loved and so I headed off to that dark corner of the Internet populated by angsty teens and apparently  hordes of basement dwellers; 4chan! An old default Internet location of mine (although no longer; I find it can get quite depressing and counter-productive.). /wg/ however has never failed to deliver on the wallpaper front. I read the sticky and discovered a site called tineye, (a reverse image search engine) chucked in the small image I had and ended up finding the artist of the image, Android Jones. He does very beautiful work. A nice mix of abstract and sci-fi fantasy which hits all my happy buttons. Below is from his website.

So anyway, I had to track him down and like him one Facebook and lo and behold there is a link to music on the pages wall! The description included the word electronica and the name; Phutureprimitive. Of course I'm intrigued (I have a near compulsive need to find new electronic music, I can't really describe it, new wonderful music is like finding a new best friend). I went through all of YouTube videos of their tracks I could find and I have say the music is lovely. It's atmospheric elements allow it to be reflective, inspiring and motivational while it's gritty, bass filled downtempo-ness lends it a steady, solid energy.  Go listen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think..?